Greetings Fellow Life Travelers:
“The sun will come out tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow….” Annie. Sun is guaranteed but can’t commit to ‘tomorrow’. So, for diversion, let me know if you’d like a copy of Residential Real Estate 2023, spotlight on the world’s leading markets for the wealthy. It’s 29 pages so you can curl up with it and a Martini while watching it rain or snow. Now let’s see what these markets looked like last week.
- Residential Real Estate – week 3/4 – 3/10
- Tahoe Sierra MLS – North/West Shores & Truckee. New Listings – 6; Escrows – 9; Solds 7
- Incline Village/Crystal Bay MLS. New Listings – 4; Escrows – 4; Solds – 0
- East Shore, NV MLS. New Listings 1; Escrows 4; Solds 3
- Reno/Sparks MLS. New Listings – 91; Escrows – 121; Solds – 82
A little more action in Incline and the East Shore this week, but things are still pretty quiet and will be until this incredible winter decides enough is enough! A small lakefront on the West Shore that’s been in escrow for some time closed this week – $3.1M. And a Beach Club condo at Stateline listed at $4.35M went to escrow.
- Local/Real Estate/Luxe
- San Francisco’s luxury home market shows signs of a rebound with a resurgence of $5M-and-up listings. A lot will depend on financial markets for all luxury listings this year. And Manhattan’s luxury market is rocking along…not a barn burner but active.
- Summer lakefront rental – Tahoe Keys – months of July and August, 30-day min. 4BR, 2.5 ba, with boat slip in the marina. Alora Reynolds – 530-444-0710
- Per Tahoe Fund, we are still below 2017’s total snowpack, but this current storm may change that. Percent median: 3/9/2017- 216%; 3/9/2023 – 189%
- Rush Limbaugh’s long-time Palm Beach home sold for $155M. They paid $3.9M for the property in 1998.
- New York’s Central Park Tower, the tallest condominium on the planet at 1,550’, now has two penthouses available – one at $175M and the other at $250M.
- Resort at Squaw Creek has a new name: Everline Resort & Spa. Hmmm.
- Most expensive home in the U.K, a lakefront megamansion owned by a Saudi for over 30 years, just listed at US$298.5M and. located in Regent’s park.
- FDA recognizes cardiovascular benefits of Cocoa flavanols. So, that chocolate bar needs to be a minimum of 70% cacao content – with no sugar additives. No info on daily intake – how much, how much is too much!
- Only in California. Now LG Electronics USA is being sued by a woman who purchased a gas stove from Costco in October 2022 stating she had no idea of the ‘risks’ associated with the product before purchasing. No notice in the marketing materials. So…class action to come???
- US housing is short 6.5M single-family homes! In the 10 years between 2012 and 2022, 15.6 million new households formed across the country, and only 8.5 single-family homes were built. It will take years to bridge the gap given rising prices impacting affordability. Mansion Global
- Belonging – Brené Brown https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qfbpBzqitA Good personal input.
- Carrier landing – no front gear. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRtlM6IoH-Y
- Stopped by a roadside stand that said lobster tails $2. I paid my $2 and he says, “Once upon a time there was this lobster…”
- Don’t let people pull you into their storm. Pull them into your peace.
- “Luck is when an opportunity comes along and you’re prepared for it.” Denzel Washington
- “Why do you talk in your sleep? You don’t give me a chance when I’m awake.”
- Having cats in the house is like living with art that sometimes throws up on the carpet.
- Sometimes you meet someone and you know from the first moment that you want to spend your whole life without them.
- My friend told me she wouldn’t eat beef tongue because it came out of a cow’s mouth. So, I gave her an egg.
- You know when you buy a bag of salad and it gets all brown and soggy? Cookies don’t do that.
- My teacher told me not to worry about spelling because in the future there will be autocorrect. And for that I am eternally grapefruit.
- Did you ever notice that, when you put the two words ‘The’ and ‘IRS’ together, it spells ‘Theirs’?
- The easiest way to find something lost around the house is to buy a replacement.
- Sometimes you get, and sometimes you get got.
- Employment application blanks always ask who is to be called in case of an emergency. I think you should write ‘an ambulance’.
- Why is lemon juice made with artificial flavor and dishwashing liquid made with real lemons?
- Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?
If you are reading this on Sunday at home, you can entertain yourself with yet another celebration of the Oscar’s. The red carpet can be fun with either beautiful gowns or rather unusual, questionable attire. Now you’ll get a break from this missive as I have the next two weekends committed elsewhere and will be back weekend of April 1. Have a good couple of weeks! See you next time, hopefully in sunshine.