Greetings Fellow Life Travelers:
Summer is coming! This 3-day weekend was showing signs of visiting invasion as of Friday afternoon. Father’s Day, Juneteenth and a bit warmer temps were the catalyst. Can you believe…2 days of 70s, one day of 60s, then to 50s and 60s for next week. And, pine pollen made its presence known on Friday so it will be a bit of time before the pillows get to the deck. Summer may not yet be arriving (so much for all the warming), at least for now. However, the real estate market is heating up, so let’s check out the new activity.
- Residential Real Estate – week 6/10 – 6/16
- Tahoe Sierra MLS – North/West Shores & Truckee. New Listings – 35; Escrows – 12; Solds – 16
- Incline Village/Crystal Bay MLS. New Listings – 9; Escrows – 6; Solds – 3
- East Shore, NV MLS. New Listings – 2; Escrows – 6; Solds – 3
- Reno/Sparks MLS. New Listings – 143; Escrows – 137; Solds – 128
For Tahoe Sierra, another lakefront re-run at Meeks Bay came back on at $28M; a small lakefront near Eagle Rock listed at $14M (will be interesting to see how that one goes). I’m bringing to market a heritage estate on the West shore on Tuesday – $35M. It will be on our virtual Luxury Estates Tour this Wednesday from 10AM to 5PM. Chase’s new build lakefront in Crystal Bay has now been staged and will be open for viewing on the Wednesday tour, as well as virtual. $28.85M. The Ty Cobb lakefront that Chase has had for a while on the East Shore, listed at $9.95M, went to escrow.
- Local/Real Estate/Luxe
- Drums are humming for July 4 festivities. Truckee will have its eponymous parade plus other events, so check it all out. OFFICIAL GUIDE We (Chase) will have our usual parade-side party with food, drink and seating on Donner Pass Road, so let me know if you’d like to join us!
- For boating info on Lake Tahoe, here’s a great resource of protocol and other information. https://tinyurl.com/4kazcky8
- Across the U.S., four in 10 Americans own vacation homes, according to a survey of more than 1,000 adults by personal finance site GOBankingRates. (Not so sure this is true representation, but certainly validates interest in second-home ownership.)
- Historic double-ended cable car to go back into service in San Francisco in over 70 years. Hyde Street to Aquatic Park
- Wolf by Vanderpump, a new restaurant coming to Harrah’s & Harvey’s at South Lake Tahoe this coming winter. It will be the first outside of two restaurants in Las Vegas, and will be next to Hell’s Kitchen.
- Per Tahoe Fund, there are over 40 public beaches around Lake Tahoe. Tahoe Beaches website
- New boutique in Truckee –Tahoe Star Hotel. Repurposed from various uses from an earlier incarnation, it has 8 bedrooms on West River Street, basically right in town for easy shopping and dining.
- New homes can be less than re-sale homes in some areas. Builders with inventory often offer attractive interest rates and will throw in incentives. I see these offerings in the Verdi area, Nevada.
- Toccata Symphony and Chorale: Beautiful fundraiser concert at a private home in Montreux last week. It will present 4 festive concerts in July, one of which will be at the Truckee High School on July 7. www.toccatatahoe.org.
- Truckee Thursdays will start next week, the 22nd and go through August 10. 5PM – 8:30PM. Music, food, purveyors of fun stuff. Come early to park! Historic Downtown Truckee.
- DL Bliss State Park is now closed at least through August. Replacing antiquated water pipes throughout, so no camping, day use, etc.
- A week late, but fabulous/impactful Flag presentation by Robin Williams. https://tinyurl.com/2whns9vy
- Escape artist. (Put on sound.) https://tinyurl.com/msznr6sd
- “The home of the Mind is the heart. The heart is the Palace of the Mind.” Dr. Jayanath Abeywickrama
- I’m not impressed by your looks, money, job title or social status. I’m impressed by the way you treat other human beings.
- Imagine, if you will, a world in which YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook merge to become known as YouTwitFace.
- When they say they love all your flaws, and you didn’t realize you had any.
- Childhood vs. now. 1) Going to bed early. 2) Not leaving my house. 3) Not going to a party. My childhood punishments have become my adult goals.
- Just found out the company that produces yardsticks won’t be making them any longer.
- “A mistake repeated more than once is a choice.” Paulo Coelho
- Some California vintners that primarily produce Pinot Blanc, Pinot Noir, and Pinot Grigio, have developed a new hybrid grape that acts as an anti-diuretic, reducing the number of nighttime trips to the loo. Pino More.
- What does a pig give his dad for Father’s Day? Lots of Hogs and Kisses.
- Before Mt. Everest was discovered, what was the highest mountain in the world?
- How much dirt is there in a hole that measures two feet by three feet by four feet?
- If you were running a race, and you passed the person in 2nd place, what place would you be in now?
- Toothache. The pain that drives you to extraction.
- Yawn. An honest opinion openly expressed.
- One example of Old: I very quietly confided to my friend that I was having an Affair. She turned to me and asked, “Are you having it catered?”
- My friend said she wouldn’t eat cow’s tongue because it came out of a cow’s mouth. I gave her an egg.
- Six cows were smoking joints and playing poker. That’s right. The steaks were pretty high.
After those groaners, I’ll depart. People ask me where I get my TidBits. It’s a combination of what I find on line, things friends send, and my faithful cousin who sends me unending choices to sort through. No politics, no negativity, few ‘old people’ items, little sex (sorry) – just inane submissions for chuckles. Happy Father’s Day to all the dads, and congratulations to all the grads!
Thanks, as always, for reading, and see you next time! Send me your answers to the questions above in bold, and I’ll let you know if you ‘got it’. However, I believe all my readers will get 100%.