Greetings Fellow Life Travelers:
My goodness, what a world we’re in right now! Upheaval seems to be the word of the day. However, I’m choosing calm and very grateful to live where I do. Our weather has also been a bit volatile with a bit of lightening, thunder and showers, beautiful today, and that darned wind just doesn’t want to come to a stop. Kicks up most afternoons it seems. Tomorrow I’m off to Carson City with Knights of the Vine, taking the V & T train to Virginia City where we’ll have lunch and stroll, then back via train to CC. Was in Virginia City a few years ago for an overnight with book club, so this will be a revisit. Last time it was afternoon dancing at the Bucket of Blood; this group may be a little more subdued. So let’s see if how subdued real estate was this last week.
- Residential Real Estate – week of 6/18 – 6/24
- Tahoe Sierra MLS – North/West Shores & Truckee. New Listings – 41; Escrows – 10; Solds – 22 (12 on or over asking price)
- Incline Village/Crystal Bay MLS. New Listings – 18; Escrows – 4; Solds – 3
- East Shore, NV MLS. New Listings – 3; Escrows – 3; Solds – 3
- Reno/Sparks MLS. New Listings – 195; Escrows – 138; Solds – 86
Seeing a bit of a slowdown in activity, which may reflect not only higher interest rates but also graduation/transition to summer vacations. The Tahoe Sierra MLS had the same amount of new listings as last week, and just a little shy of escrows and closings. New listings coming on don’t seem to be shy about asking prices, with an almost $14M one on Lakeshore in Incline….but not on the water and no lake view. We listed one at $12M on the East Slope with big lake view. Another listings at $17.5 M on the West Shore with two – that’s two – boathouses!
- Local/Real Estate/Luxe
- Chase International Luxury Estates Tour: Here’s the link to 30 great properties in the Region showcased virtually yesterday for our 26th Luxury Estates Tour: https://laketahoe.luxury/ This generated 50,000 views!
- Valhalla Boathouse Theater. Check out the summer programming for this delightful venue at South Lake Tahoe near Camp Richardson. https://valhallatahoe.com/
- Landline Paris. A new neighborhood store – 107 Ave Parmentier – created by an American woman from San Francisco and focused on hand-crafted, high quality, sustainable goods from France and European sources. An e-store is coming!
- TahoePublicBeaches.org Developed by the Tahoe Fund and co-funded by the California Tahoe Conservancy. Great resource for beach details, including directions, amenities, parking, etc.
- “Compass Skills Loop” is a one-mile dirt trail, located at the Sawtooth Trailhead (Truckee) and designed as an all-inclusive/adaptive mountain bike skills development trail suitable for all ages. Designed by legendary trail designer, Steve Wentz of Mountain Trail Concepts; crew members from the Truckee Trail Foundation assisted in development.
- He strikes again! Larry Ellison is the buyer of the $175M most-expensive-sale in Florida (Miami), adding yet another trophy property to his stable. We’re all still waiting to see what’s going to happen with old Cal Neva, sitting dormant for several years now.
- New Conference Center at Stateline (South Lake Tahoe). Drove by this $80M project yesterday. I believe it’s expected to open in 2023. Impressive and a great addition to the Lake Tahoe Basin.
- Per Realtor.com, U.S. home prices continue to rise. Last week active listings were up 17% year-over-year, while median prices rose 16.9%.
- Residences at The Mandarin Oriental Grand Cayman. I’ve never been there, but the area sounds pretty attractive both for permanent living as well as visiting. These residences are new to the market and come with every amenity you can imagine. The private beach front is also significant. This is one of the fabulous resort projects represented through REALM™, the unique real estate group of which I’m a member.
- Wild & Ruff. New dog store in Historic Downtown Truckee. Peeked in the window day before they opened, and it looks fabulous! Focus is on the outdoors, all the fun stuff we do here in the mountains with our doggies. No place to park today so I have yet to visit.
- Great read: Gone to Dallas, by Laurie Moore-Moore. Story of families moving to Dallas in the mid-1800s. Fabulous research; probably 70% of characters real; same for events. Her first novel and I believe the beginning of a series. Great focus on strong women.
- My latest YouTube: Developments in motion in North Lake Tahoe Region. https://youtu.be/sBCY9p0vxh8
- License plate on a VW Beetle: EEW A BUG
- Everybody has a photographic memory. Some people are just out of film.
- Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.
Here’s to the beginning of Summer and hopefully a smoke/fire-free season for all. Have a beautiful week and safe and sane upcoming holiday weekend.