Greetings Fellow Life Travelers,
At last, we have beautiful spring weather with temps getting up to 70 for a couple of days, then cooling down a bit. Leaves are popping up as well as daffodils, tulips and grass, always a miracle after being covered with snow in freezing temps. Had a great visit to Genoa over in the Carson Valley this week, first time in years that I’ve been there. Lunch at the famous Pink House with two friends I also haven’t seen in years, so it was a lovely catchup and fun to be in that beautiful bucolic area again. One of my friends is building a new home on 19 acres with incredible 360 degree views. And, the charming old homes and buildings in town, along with its history, are a refreshing look at times gone by. Our Minden Chase office is located a short distance away and is marketing and selling beautiful properties in the Carson Valley area. Now let’s check the real estate activity in the Tahoe/Reno area for the week.
- Residential Real Estate – week of 5/7 – 5/13
- Tahoe Sierra MLS – North/West shores & Truckee. New Listings – 27; Escrows – 7; Solds – 20
- Incline Village/Crystal Bay MLS. New Listings – 12; Escrows – 7; Solds – 4
- East Shore, NV MLS. New Listings – 8; Escrows – 4; Solds – 2
- Reno/Sparks MLS. New Listings – 162; Escrows – 164; Solds – 111
For the Tahoe Sierra MLS, all 7 escrows this week were under $1 Million. Unusual! Also, the solds are not reflecting the number of overbids we’ve been seeing, with properties also staying on the market a bit longer. However, in Incline, a Chase listing listed at $8,450,000 went into escrow.
- Local/Real Estate/Luxe
- Eliot Eisenberg: The Friday File: Through 2020, the level of wealth needed to join the top 1% of the population in a nation was highest in Monaco at $7.9 million. The US was third globally and tops in North America at $4.4 million. Singapore was Asia’s #1 at $2.9 million; in Australia it’s $2.8 million. Argentina was tops in South America at $360,000 and South Africa is the African leader at $180,000.
- Truckee Police Department has a new member of its command staff – Captain Mugshot (Mugzy), an 8-mos old English bulldog found abandoned in Kern County and sent to our wonderful Humane Society of Truckee Tahoe where his outstanding social abilities were noticed and adopted. Current in training, he will be our Community Outreach Canine.
- Mission complete! The Clean up the Lake Team has removed 24,797 pieces of litter, weighing 25,281 pounds (12.5 tons) from the 72 miles along the shoreline of Lake Tahoe.
- Cruzzin’ on Lake Tahoe. Spacruzzi BLUE offers hot tub boat purchases for rental operators or personal use. Check out this all-electric fun boat. www.spacruzzi.com
- Concourse d’Elegance at Obexer’s – 2022! Back after a two-year hiatus, this benchmark boat show will be August 12 & 13, with Chris Craft as marque class. Order tickets at https://laketahoeconcours.com/
- EV chargers in the Bay Area. Lots of consternation over 23% of EV public chargers (excluding Tesla) not working. Electrical contractor also tells me that in certain parts of the East Bay the power grid is so maxed that EV buyers are unable to added 220 to accommodate in-home chargers, including Tesla.
- Style: Farmhouse design is here to stay, with new incarnations. Modern farmhouse is on the wane, with bohemian, coastal, Scandinavian and industrial taking hold. Out with minimalist and cold, in with maximalist and warm!
- Return of the bike messenger in San Francisco. E-bikes are in for delivery services, available for messengers to rent-to-own or purchase.
- Village at Rancharrah – Grand Opening. This black-tie affair will be June 11 from 7 – 11PM, showcasing new restaurants, boutique shopping and holistic wellness with music, dancing and festive offerings. Across the pond from the residential Rancharrah community, it’s a lovely walkable amenity and also accessed from Kietzki Lane in Reno.
- Second/Last of my Tahoe Ski Resorts YouTube videos – a little late in the season, but took me this long to get it done! https://youtu.be/QBU_RLYWcX0
- Per Futureloop, SpaceX predicts people on Mars this decade, people on the Moon sooner. Starship, rocket that will make the trip, heading to orbit as soon as next month.
- San Francisco market showing signs of cooling down a bit. Think we’ll be seeing more of this across the country.
- Magpie Whisperer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqSbDcks_uA
- Top Gun: Maverick – coming to theaters May 27. Trailer: https://www.justwatch.com/us/movie/top-gun-maverick
- Elvis –movie 2022 with Tom Hanks as the Colonel – June 24 theater release. Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzNTHEXlw3o (I love Elvis; had to mention this.)
- “I was reading in the paper today that Congress wants to replace the dollar bill with a coin. They’ve already done it. It’s called a nickel.” Jay Leno
- “Inflation is taxation without legislation.” Milton Friedman
- Alcohol is not in my vodkabulary, but I looked it up on whiskeypedia and found out if you drink too much its likely tequilya.
Here’s to more spring days and pleasant temps. Have a lovely week; see you next time!