Greetings Fellow Life Travelers:
A glorious week with sun out and snow melting. However, these big piles and walls will take some time! Two days ago, Dancer figured out how to walk over the fence and take herself for a little walk-about. Her yard is north facing so will be a while. Phone is ringing and buyers are venturing up to look at property. Looks like most ski areas will close by the end of this month, with Palisades Tahoe/Alpine the hold-out until July 4th. The Squaw side will close in May to get working on improvements to the Funitel. Homewood and Diamond Peak are already closed. Now let’s see what closed this last week in real estate.
- Residential Real Estate – week 4/08-4/14
- Tahoe Sierra MLS – North/West Shores & Truckee. New Listings – 16; Escrows – 10; Solds – 13
- Incline Village/Crystal Bay MLS. New Listings – 7; Escrows – 2; Solds – 4
- East Shore, NV MLS. New Listings – 8; Escrows – 4; Solds – 2
- Reno/Sparks MLS. New Listings – 107; Escrows – 156; Solds – 89
For Tahoe Sierra MLS, the average Sell to List was 100% – with a few selling below ask and a few selling above. Lahontan had a nice escrow listed at $5.65M; East Shore had a $9.995M, and south Reno had an 11-ac horse property in Paradise Valley listed at $6.65M.
- Local/Real Estate/Luxe
- Lake Tahoe’s clarity from August to December of 2022 was the highest recorded since the 1980s, according to the newly released Lake Clarity Report from UC Davis TERC. The average annual clarity was over 10 feet deeper than 2021. Read the full report here! Tahoe Fund
- BRABUS reveals the new 900 Deep Blue Mercedes AMG G63. Only $545K https://tinyurl.com/4kxydhdc
- Connoisseurship: For a fascinating series on Style/Design, Jewelry & Timepieces, The Home, The Appreciation of Art, Food & Wine and Travel – https://tinyurl.com/ycya24na
- Cool AP: Yuka Food and Cosmetics Scan. When shopping , scan the bar code and it will rate its credibility. You can customize the AP depending on your preferences…i.e., gluten free, paraben free, etc.
- Tahoe Fund welcomes 4 new Advisory Council Members from the public sector…CA Tahoe Conservancy, US Forest Service Lake Tahoe Basin, TRPA and NV Dept of Conservation and Natural Resources.
- Dubai: Prices for luxury homes jumped 27% in First Q. Average price is now US $6.86M.
- Nation-wide – Mortgage rate locks for Second Homes are 52% below Pre-Pandemic levels. A reflection of more all-cash buyers and 50% drop in demand.
- The World. Travel the globe from comfort of own home! https://tinyurl.com/kntz5e5r
- Truckee Tahoe Air Show is back again this year on Saturday, June 24..
- Concourse d’Elegance – Tahoe Yacht Club Foundation’s fabulous boat show at Obexer’s on the West Shore will be Friday and Saturday, August 11 & 12. Tickets available now. https://laketahoeconcours.com/
- Newest North Tahoe/Truckee craze: Pothole Pachinko! Rules are too complicated for me to understand. Then there’s another new game….Pothole Golf.
- Guards of the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkFusHg8b_
- A pastor giving a children’s sermon on vestments asked: “Why do you think I wear this collar?” One kid answered: “Because it kills ticks and fleas up to 30 days?”
- The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have begun asking humans to prove they aren’t robots.
- If I am ever on life support, unplug me and plug me back in to see if that works.
- Last night the internet stopped working so I spent a few hours with my family. They seem like good people.
- After watching how some people wear their Covid masks, I understand why contraception fails.
- Now that we have everyone washing their hands correctly, next week – Turn Signals
- Now that I have lived through a plague, I understand why Italian renaissance paintings are full of fat people lying on couches
- My mother taught me FORSIGHT: “Make sure you wear clean underwear in case you’re in an accident.”
- My father taught me IRONY: “Keep crying, and I’ll give you something to cry about.”
- Signage – Podiatrist’s Office: Time wounds all heels.
- Signage – Optometrist’s Office: If you don’t see what you’re looking for, you’ve come to the right place.
- Signage – Electrician’s truck: Let us remove your shorts.
So, let’s don our shorts now that sunny weather and warm temps are returning! Have a great week and see you next time.