Greetings Fellow Life Travelers:
Signs of fall are here, with the Aspen grove heading up Brockway hill starting to turn golden and peeks of other trees and shrubs fading their green. Glorious fall weather with cool nights and daily temps in the 70s. From the number of people, especially in Truckee, you’d think we’re still in the middle of summer. And, lunch at Garwoods on Saturday was amazing…the crowd at noon waiting to get in hadn’t lessened a bit by the time we left at 2PM. They were serving large groups upstairs, normally reserved for private events. Now to see what happened in real estate this week.
Residential Real Estate – week 9/9 – 9/15
- Tahoe Sierra MLS – North/West Shores & Truckee. New Listings – 18; Escrows – 37; Solds – 33
- Incline Village/Crystal Bay MLS. New Listings – 9; Escrows – 10; Solds – 5
- East Shore, NV MLS. New Listings – 3; Escrows – 2; Solds – 9
- Reno/Sparks MLS. New Listings – 118; Escrows – 127; Solds – 76
An uptick in sales activity, which is typical for this time of year. For Tahoe Sierra, a North Shore lakefront, listed at $9.65M, reduced to $9.49M sold at $9.31M. The East Shore had a Tahoe Beach Club sale, listed at $3.65M, reduced to $3.49M and sold at $3.10M. We are seeing more price reductions and solds under list price. However, for Tahoe Sierra MLS, sold to list price ran 97% this last week, so some are still going over ask.
- The highest point in the Tahoe Basin is 10,881 feet, located on the summit of Freel Peak, 4,658 feet above lake level. Take a hike! Tahoe Fund
- Visiting friends climbed Mt. Tallac on Saturday, not for the faint of heart. I did a midnight climb when I was about 14 to watch the sun come up over Lake Tahoe.
- Truckee Wine Walk – Saturday, October 7. Long-standing fun event from noon to 4PM. Chase is a Headlining Sponsor and will be hosting at stop at our office on Donner Pass Road. Please join us! https://tinyurl.com/5x4kszp5
- Incline Wine & Food – Saturday, 9/23 from 1 – 4PM. Aspen Grove. Proceeds to benefit Boys & Girls Club of North Lake Tahoe. Tickets – https://bit.ly/45aH8nk
- New Homes sales across the country are on the rise! Warren Buffett through Berkshire Hathaway has invested big in D.R. Horton, Lennar and NVR, shares worth over $800M.
- Ski Area openings so far: Mt. Rose Nov 9; Boreal, Heavenly, Northstar, Palisades, Sugar Bowl all between Nov 17 and 24.
- With interest rates high, seller financing is on the rise. Not for all sellers, but a convenient way for both buyer and seller to accomplish a transaction with benefits to both parties.
- Discovery of 1.5-acre Eurasian watermilfoil infestation in Emerald Bay has led to scuba divers and the California State Parks dive team removing the invasion before it gets out of control. Tahoe Fund contributed $50K for this effort.
- More local festivities: Himmel Haus South Lake Tahoe announces three weekends of Oktoberfest celebrations – 1PM Saturday 9/23, evening event 9/30 and the finale at 8PM on 10/7, complete with the 5th annual $1000 Miss Oktoberfest pageant.
- Legendary Pizza Maker Chris Biano to open a Trattoria at the Carneros Resort and Spa in the Heart of Napa Valley. He will also spearhead a new market. Robb Report
- Human Car Wash https://tinyurl.com/uc9p9hv4
- Boogie https://tinyurl.com/mrxwft96 Did you ever dance like this? (Sound on.)
- Glimmers – those micro moments in your day that make you feel joy, happiness, peace, or gratitude. Once you train your brain to be on the lookout for glimmers, the more these tiny moments will begin to appear.
- Signs: 1) Whenever I try to eat healthy, a chocolate bar looks at me and snickers. 2) Only dead fish go with the flow. 3) Try resistance training. Refuse to go to the gym. 4) If you are in it up to your ears, keep your mouth shut. 5) She only made whiskey but I loved her still. 6) Bulldozer: Someone who sleeps through political speeches. 7) Resolutions: In one year and out the other.
- Keep going, because you did not come this far just to come this far.
- Pilot to Mechanic: P: Suspected crack in windshield. M: Suspect you’re right.
- Mindless Postings: 1) Police begin campaign to run down Jaywalkers. 2) Miners refuse to work after Death. 3) Juvenile Court to try shooting defendant. 4) War dims hope for Peace. 5) If strike isn’t settled quickly, it may last a while.
- In America we can say what we think, and even if we can’t think, we can say it anyhow. Charles Kettering
- I won’t insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said. William F. Buckley, Jr.
- You never realize how the human voice can change until a woman stops yelling at her husband and answers the phone. Neal O’Hara
- Doing nothing is very hard to do. You never know when you’re finished. Leslie Nielsen
- The difference between death and taxes is death doesn’t get worse every time Congress meets. Will Rogers
- The difference between politics and baseball is that in baseball, when you get caught stealing, you’re out. Ron Dentinger
- As long as there is algebra, there will be prayer in school. Larry Miller
- You’re not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on. Dean Martin
So, with that mindless tidbit, have a lovely week and see you next time!