Greetings Fellow Life Travelers:
The snow gods gave us a good visit this week, enough to get a few of the Resorts open for the weekend – Heavenly, Kirkwood, Mt. Rose, Northstar and Boreal. Palisades to open next weekend, with more following the 25th and Dec 8/9! The new Gondola between Squaw and Alpine is scheduled for mid-December. Other than a few snow showers on Saturday, things look dry for the next week. Let’s see what impact all the new snow had on real estate this week.
- Residential Real Estate – week 11/5 – 11/11
- Tahoe Sierra MLS – North/West Shores & Truckee. New Listings: 15; Escrows – 4; Solds – 19
- Incline Village/Crystal Bay MLS. New Listings – 3; Escrows – 0; Solds – 1
- East Shore, NV MLS. New Listings – 2; Escrows – 0; Solds – 0
- Reno/Sparks MLS. New Listings – 120; Escrows – 110; Solds – 77
Obviously weather played a part in this last week’s activity, especially in the Tahoe/Truckee region. Big numbers were three new listings in Reno – 2 in Pleasant Valley (just south of Mt. Rose Hwy) at $15.5M and $9.8M, and 1 at $6.75M in W Reno up above Mayberry Drive. For Tahoe Sierra MLS, solds continue to run in an average 96% of list price.
- Local/Real Estate/Luxe
- BURIED, the fabulous documentary about the Alpine Meadows avalanche, is now available on Amazon, Apple TV and iTunes…both for rental and to purchase. If you haven’t seen it, highly recommend it! They did a great job. Also, MAGIC IN THE MOUNTAINS, the story of Squaw Valley and another great one, is now available on YouTube.
- Good read. Eddy Ancinas’ new book, Tracing Inca Trails, is a great read about a camping trip she took with friends a little over 20 years ago. Her first book, Squaw Valley & Alpine Meadows, has just been updated. Eddy writes very well and her books are entertaining, easy reading. BTW, Eddy has been a local since the 1960 Olympics and married Argentine Olympic skier, Oswaldo Ancinas, shortly thereafter.
- Per Daisy Prince, Digital Party, NY, big ticket Bar Mitzvahs are back! After succumbing to restrictions of last two years, these parties are rivaling pre-covid events with over-the-top productions. In the past, Bat Mitzvahs were more fun, but now the boys are into dancing all night too.
- The co-owners of NYC’s legendary DANTE plan to open their first West Coast outpost on a posh LA hotel rooftop early in 2023. Achieving top recognition on World’s Best 50 Bars list in 2019, this branch will be atop the Maybourne Beverly Hills.
- Brooklyn Heights offers one of its priciest listings – a 25’-wide townhouse of 4100 sq. ft. at $14.975M. Recreated by an art curator and her husband, it’s totally tripped out to protect and display a fabulous art collection.
- Per Realtor.com economist, Danielle Hale, in reference to time on the market, “the market has slowed relative to peak buying season and relative to last fall, but compared to just about any other time period, homes are still selling relatively quickly.”
- Lamb Chop is back at top priority in the toy box. Dancer has forgiven me for the bath.
- Architecture Hub. This can keep you entertained for infinity! https://tinyurl.com/5byp9ans (I really liked the tombstones…a little levity in life… and death!)
- Trash! Interesting video on how our local trash collection is handled. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylHoIr7BqwI
- “When life isn’t going right, go left.” Haylea S. (Not related to politics.)
- “Inhale the future, exhale the past.” Layne R.
- I hate when a couple argues in public, and I missed the beginning and don’t know whose side I’m on.
- Don’t bother walking a mile in my shoes. That would be boring. Spend 30 seconds in my head. That’ll freak you right out.
- No matter how much you push the envelope, it’ll still be stationery.
- He who laughs last thinks slowest.
- A flashlight is a case for holding dead batteries.
Stay alive and healthy this week! See you next time.