Greetings Fellow Life Travelers:
Well, are your tummies bulging? Maybe the days after have worked it off! Hope you had a lovely day with friends, family and any other guests you collected. Checked the web cam for Palisades on Friday, and it didn’t look very populated. The weekend should be different with people coming up from the Bay Area. Service is limited at all areas as we still don’t have an abundance of snow. Friday Palisades had 4 lifts running and Northstar 8. We may get a little snow later this week, but nothing major looks imminent. Bet this was a slow week for real estate – let’s take a look!
- Residential Real Estate – week 11/19 – 11/25
- Tahoe Sierra MLS – North/West Shores & Truckee. New Listings – 19; Escrows – 9; Solds – 10
- Incline Village/Crystal Bay MLS. New Listings – 3; Escrows – 2; Solds – 1
- East Shore, NV MLS. New Listings – 3; Escrows – 0; Solds – 0
- Reno/Sparks MLS. New Listings – 44; Escrows – 81; Solds – 56
The holiday week reflected a pretty good slow-down in activity in all markets. Next week we’ll probably see a bounce up. With the title companies and recorder’s offices closed 2 days, closings dropped way down. Average sales prices continue to be about 95% of list price. One new listing on the dry side of Lakeshore Blvd, Incline Village, came in at $13,777,888!
- Local/Real Estate/Luxe
- 8th Annual North Tahoe Film Festival runs from Dec 1 – 4, with a mix of interesting films at different locations. www.tahoefilmfest.com
- Sugar Bowl is opening a new Sugar Rush Tubing and snow play park with onsite food and drink service. Open weekends and holidays.
- Truckee Optimist Club’s annual Christmas Tree Lot is open at the Crossroads Center – corner of Hwy 89 and Deerfield Drive, with proceeds supporting local youth organizations.
- Northern Lights Festival in Incline Village and Crystal Bay is under way. Check out www.northernlightstahoe.com
- Giving Tuesday is this week – Nov 29. Opportunity to support local philanthropy, with several having matching grants.
- Per Jim Porter, Porter Simon, Attorneys at Law, property owners are protected from suits filed by non-invited recreational users of their land. See California’s Recreational Use Statute, section 846 of Civil Code.
- We all know that Aspen has the most expensive ski area real estate. Five other areas offer same great opportunities but for less money: Park City, Big Sky, Ketchum/Sun Valley, Stowe and Truckee/Tahoe! Mansion Global
- Retailer ESPRIT, San Francisco originated, closed a decade ago, is having an American relaunch with a pop-up in Los Angeles that opened Nov 16. Permanent store is on the books for early next year.
- Real Estate across the board. There’s really nothing too exciting to report. Interest rates are high, inventory is low, prices are tempering a bit but not crashing, number of sales are down, and sporadic big sales continue to happen world-wide. The market is not dead nor will it be!
- Truckee Skating Rink now open – Wed, Fri, Sat, Sun until the Christmas holidays.
- Red Bull adventure. Pretty amazing. https://tinyurl.com/536852a5
- Yoga Lesson. https://tinyurl.com/npjy93hf
- Baby Elephant. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5SqSgXr-2g
- Triscuits ae the perfect snack for anyone that has ever had the urge to eat wicker furniture.
- Remember when you used to be able to call a person 57 times, hang up, and they never knew it was you?
- If you find yourself feeling useless, remember it took 20 years, trillions of dollars, and four presidents to replace the Taliban with the Taliban.
- The mind is everything. What you think you become. Budha
- Your vibe attracts your tribe. Libby W.
- Funny thing about getting older: your eyesight starts getting weaker but your ability to see through people’s bullshit gets much better.
- National Wine Day: Jan 1 – Dec 31.
- Hillbilly Wisdom: Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a snow dance.
Haven’t heard that we have any snow dances scheduled as yet. If we don’t get a good storm before long, that may change! Have a good week – see you next time!